So here it is The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ’s requirements for membership.
And again, by way of commandment to the church concerning the manner of baptism-
- All those who humble themselves before God
- And desire to be baptized
- And come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits
- And witness before the church that they have truly repented of ALL their sins
- And are willing to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ
- Having a determination to serve him to the end,
- And truly manifest by their works that they have received of the Spirit of Christ unto the remission of their sins,
SHALL be received by baptism into his church...
Behold, this is my doctrine--
- whosoever repenteth
- and cometh unto me,
The same is my church. Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore he is not of my church.
2 Nephi 31:13, 21
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye will
- follow the Son,
- with full purpose of heart,
- acting no hypocrisy
- and no deception before God,
- but with real intent,
- repenting of your sins,
- witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ by Baptism --
- Yea, by following your Lord and your Saviour down into the water, according to his word...
And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost...
2 Nephi 32:5
For Behold, again I say unto you that if ye will
- enter in by the way,
- and receive the Holy Ghost,
It will show unto you all things what ye should do. Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh.
3 Nephi 11
Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another, but this is my doctrine that such things should be done away... And this is my doctrine... that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere,
- To repent
- And believe in me...
- And be baptized in my name,
- And become as a little child...
Verily, verily, I say unto you, that is my doctrine... And whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil...
... It is not expedient that we should have a king; for thus saith the Lord; Ye shall not esteem one flesh above another, or one man shall not think himself above another... Remember the iniquity of King Noah and his priests... ye have been oppressed by King Noah, and have been in bondage to him and his priests, and have been brought into iniquity by them... I desire that ye should stand fast in the liberty wherewith ye have been made free, and that ye trust no man to be king over you. And also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister...
And when the priests left their labour to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labours to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of God they all returned again diligently unto their labours; and the priest, not esteeming himself above his hearers, for the preacher was not better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal...